Sukoshi Ishi Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher Overview

2 posters

Go down

Launcher Overview Empty Launcher Overview

Post by Crux Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 am

As a tester of the prototype launchers (due to my rank as the number 1 player) I got to experiment with the Slam and Torque final versions as well as the Spin Launcher prototype. I will give a brief description and rating of each.

Slam Launcher
This was by far the simplest launcher released yet the most difficult (in my opinion) to use well. Slamming it typically gave the Sukoshi a fast boost but on a rare basis the Sukoshi would bounce in the air instead of flying across the table. Other times it would curve off the path. However, once you figured out how to properly launch the Slam Launcher was very powerful giving shots similar to the Roll Launch but with more force that easily knocked off Sukoshi. You will lose a Sukoshi nearly every time, though.
Overall Rating: 7/10

Torque Launcher
This was the most effective launcher released. Basically you loaded it up, aimed it, and then launched by pulling back on the Sukoshi. Sometimes it would not launch properly, but those times were very rare. It was devastating against the opponent, removing up to four Sukoshi at the price of one. It was a very good launcher and replicated the Basic Launch.
Overall Rating: 9/10

Spin Launcher Prototype
While only being a prototype, the Spin Launcher was promising. It wasn't as powerful as either the Torque or Slam Launchers but did help to save your own Sukoshi many times by causing a Sukoshi to bounce back off of the opponent's Sukoshi. The most difficult thing was aiming properly as it causes the Sukoshi to curve in a way reminiscent of the Spin Launch. However, the Spin Launcher Prototype would often malfunction and not cause the Sukoshi to spin or wouldn't quite launch the Sukoshi far at all. I'm sure the SIA will fix it soon, though!
Overall Rating: 5/10
Hopeful Overall Rating of Final Product: 9/10

Spin Launcher (Completed Version)
The final version!!! Ahh!!! I must admit, I was very excited for this! While not being as effective as the Torque Launcher or the True Launcher (which I will describe in detail later), it was more efficient. It lost (on average) about one Sukoshi for every three of your opponent's knocked off. However, as with the prototype, aiming was difficult and there were (albeit much more rarely than the prototype) malfunctions every once in a while where the Sukoshi wouldn't spin. Despite those rare problems, though, it was incredible!
Overall rating: 7/10

True Launcher
The True Launcher astounded me at first. It is almost three times the length of every other launcher! For storage, it folds in half. It includes a built-in sight for aiming which could be useful during a game. The only drawbacks were that if you didn't know how to line up the sight you would miss, it takes a while to load up, and it shoots slower than the Torque Launcher because of the extra long barrel. The added friction greatly slows down your Sukoshi, but it does cause you to be more accurate. It is not a lot slower, though, due to the added tightness of the elastic band. While I prefer the Torque Launcher, this is probably the most probable rival.
Overall Rating: 8/10

Versatile Launcher
The Versatile Launcher was very simplistic in design. Don't be fooled by it's non-intimidating nature, though! It is ferocious. This tube can be used in the same way as the Slam Launcher, swung to propel a Sukoshi at otherwise unobtainable speeds, or smacked from behind to eradicate your opponent. Its faster than the Torque Launcher, as accurate as the Spin Launcher, and very easy to use. The sheer adaptability of this launcher makes it a must-have for every serious player. Even beginners should obtain this due to its lack of complexity. However, it is generally inaccurate and can cause a Sukoshi to flip over mid-launch. You also pose a high risk of losing your own Sukoshi.
Overall Rating: 8/10

Last edited by Crux on Tue May 26, 2015 9:18 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : More Launchers were added)

Crux

Back to top Go down

Launcher Overview Empty Re: Launcher Overview

Post by Kree8or Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:46 am

I sense a bit of bias in describing the Slam Launcher Razz You really hated that thing, didn't you?
Overall, though, very good reviews! I am very glad a dedicated player like you was able to test them out! Hopefully the launchers will help to kick start the game and encourage people to play! Perhaps with the release of the Spin Launcher?

Last edited by Kree8or on Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Kree8or
Admin

https://sukoshiishi.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Crux Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 am

Yes, I was biased. I do not like the roll launch in general, but the Slam Launcher deserved a fairly high rating despite my bias haha. Thank you! And yes, if anyone else is like me, they are eagerly awaiting the release of the Spin Launcher! That should help spread the word quickly.

Crux

Back to top Go down

Post by Crux Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:56 am

More Launchers=More reviews! I eagerly awaited the sneak peek for wave three so I could announce this! I'm definitely going to buy at least one Spin Launcher!

Crux

Back to top Go down

Post by Crux Tue May 26, 2015 9:20 am

The Versatile Launcher was amazing. It shocked me in appearance and functionality. I'm eagerly awaiting its release so I can buy it!

Crux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum